I'm back this week with yet another slow cooker recipe, hoping to make your weekday meal planning that much easier! I posted a photo on my Instagram last week of some chicken nachos I made with this Cilantro Lime Chicken and it was so tasty and only took me 10 minutes to throw together for dinner. Like I said last week with my Slow Cooker Carnitas, Crock Pot meals are SUCH a time saver for me during the week.
The basic recipe of the Cilantro Lime Chicken does not differ much from the Carnitas. The end product is just as versatile as well. I love having this chicken on hand to throw on a salad, toss on top of nachos, to fill tacos, or even just eat on its own.
I bring my lunch to work every single day. Mostly because I refuse to spend $15 on a salad, but also because I like to know exactly what I'm eating and ensure it is a healthy choice. I can't tell you how many times people have told me they could never plan as well as me or don't have the time to make lunches. Here is my secret: I don't have time either (shhh) so I make sure I have quick and easy options on hand at ALL times. It isn't rocket science! Crock pot meals take ZERO effort and can cook overnight. I mean come on, how much easier does it get?! No excuses!
Cilantro Lime Chicken
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
Servings: 6 (1 serving = 4 oz)
- 2 lb Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 2 limes, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Spice Blend
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Mix together spices in Spice Blend and set aside. Cut the chicken breast into smaller cubes (I aim for 3 pieces per breast). Toss the chicken with the spice blend to evenly coat all sides of the meat. Create a paste from the garlic and lime zest and next coat chicken with paste.
- Transfer the chicken to a Crock Pot and slowly pour the chicken stock and lime juice around the perimeter of the bowl. Try not to pour directly onto the meat - we don't want to rinse away the spices!
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Transfer chicken to a bowl and easily shred with a fork. Toss with chopped cilantro and serve.
Nutritional info (1 serving = 4 oz cooked chicken)
145 Calories - 30 g Protein, 1 g Carbs, 2.4 g Fat