It's (unofficially) crock pot season! Warm, slow cooked meals are almost necessary when it gets dark and chilly by 7pm. Add to that a meal that takes minimal effort and you've got yourself a staple dinner in your meal planning rotation for this Fall and Winter!
If you loved my Slow Cooker Carnitas as much as I do, then you are in for a treat with this Rosemary Balsamic Tenderloin. Normally with lean cuts of meat you can't cook them too long or you run the risk of drying out the meat. This crock pot recipe completely voids that rule. You are left with a pork tenderloin that is so incredibly tender it shreds with only the touch of a fork.
Rosemary Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme, fresh, chopped
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- Salt and Pepper
*You will also need a crock pot for this recipe.
- Generously salt and pepper pork loin on all sides and set aside. Chop onions and layer them in bottom of crockpot.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt coconut oil. Sear pork tenderloin on all sides to create a crust. Once all sides have been seared (about 10 minutes) transfer tenderloin to crockpot, placing on top of onions. Pour bone broth into skillet to de-glaze, scrapping up any delicious pieces that were left in the pan. Carefully pour the broth into bottom of crockpot around the pork tenderloin, but not directly over the meat.
- Mix apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar and garlic together and then pour mixture over tenderloin. Lastly, sprinkle the fresh rosemary and thyme over pork and onions.
- Place lid on crockpot and set heat to low. Cook for 6-8 hours, until tenderloin is tender and can easily be pulled apart with a fork. Once cooked, shred tenderloin within crockpot, mixing with onions and drippings.
Nutritional Information (1 serving - approximately 7.25 oz cooked)
210 calories - 30 g Protein, 5.5 g Carbohydrates, 7.5 g Fat