So a few weeks back I saw this video that Tasty posted for Sweet Potato Marshmallow Stacks. I thought the technique of making these was genius, but I was in the mood for a savory sweet potato dish for Thanksgiving, rather than sweet.
On Thanksgiving last week, the sweet potatoes were my last dish to prepare. I had no recipe and just went with what felt right. I grabbed my mandoline and sliced up a few yams. NOTE: technically these super orange taters are yams, the whiter ones are actually sweet potatoes, but I digress...
I threw the sweet potatoes into a mixing bowl then added some fresh rosemary, thyme, grated Parmesan, melted butter, salt and pepper.
I gave that all a good mix, making sure no sweet potato was left behind when it comes to melted butter and cheese! I stacked those little guys into a muffin tin and baked them in the oven.
The result? These awesome little stacks of crispy cheesy goodness.
These sweet potato stacks are so simple and take no time to prepare. Looking for an appetizer to take to your next holiday party? These are the perfect finger food! Not in the mood for sharing? These are awesome re-warmed so they could easily be made ahead of time and eaten throughout the week.
Whatever the occasion, don't miss out on these stacks.
Sweet Potato Stacks
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 12 stacks
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes (21 oz total weight)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 oz grated Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Mandoline slicer
- Muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice sweet potatoes into disks with a mandoline slicer.If you do not have a mandoline, you can thinly slice with a knife but try to be as uniform as possible.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sliced sweet potatoes, melted butter, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and only half of the parmesan cheese. Toss potatoes until they are even covered with the butter and cheese. Layer potato slices in a muffin tin. As a tip, the smaller slices from the ends of the sweet potatoes fit best in the bottom of the tins and as you layer up the larger slices fit better!
- Top each stack with a sprinkle of the remaining cheese. Bake in oven for 40 minutes. Remove from tin and serve.
Nutritional Information (1 stack):
60 calories - 1.8 g Protein, 10.5 g Carbohydrates, 1.7 g Fat