Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone's plans for the holiday include lots of delicious eats! I've traded my cold and foggy San Francisco weather for hot and humid Cincinnati for the weekend, meaning a cold and refreshing treat was a perfect compliment to our BBQ.
These take a bit of planning ahead but I promise they are worth it! Red, white and blue popsicles made from fresh raspberry purée, a thin layer of coconut milk and topped of with a blackberry purée. Skip the artificial flavoring and food dye and make these for your cook out!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Freeze Time: 4 hours
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (to make boil 1 part sugar & 2 parts water, cool before using)
- 1 lime
- 1 Popsicle mold or 8 paper cups and Popsicle sticks
- Purée raspberries with 2 tbsp simple syrup and juice of 1/2 lime. Pour first layer of popsicle into mold and set popsicle sticks. Put in freezer for 45 min to allow for first layer to set.
- Whip 1 cup coconut milk with 2 tbsp simple syrup just to incorporate the two ingredients. Remove popsicles from freezer and pour thin layer of coconut milk on top of the raspberry layer. Return to freezer for another 45 min.
- Repeat step 1 with blackberries for the last layer of the popsicles. Return to the freezer to allow all layers to set for another 2.5 hours.
Happy Fourth of July!