These little sliders are so much fun! Burgers aren't exactly an ideal food to serve during a party - they can get messy and are quite a filling meal to eat. If I'm watching a football game or at a cocktail party, I don't want my hands to be a mess from trying to eat a big ol' burger, I'd rather have easy to eat finger foods.
Fear not! These little sliders solve all these problems. These are absolutely perfect to serve during a party. They are an easy 2 bite slider packing a punch of flavor! They aren't overly heavy, as I've ditched the bun and cheese. With the flavors of the bison patty plus sautéed onions and mushrooms you get all the best burger qualities - in a single bite.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 8 sliders
- 1 lb ground buffalo/bison meat
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 1 head of Bibb lettuce
- 8 bamboo skewers (optional but great for presentation!)
- Start by preparing the silder patties. Mix ground buffalo, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper so that the meat is well seasoned. Form 8 patties, 2 oz each, ensuring they are an even thickness. Set aside at room temperature while you prepare the onions and mushrooms.
- Thinly slice onion and mushrooms. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, saute onions and mushrooms, about 5 minutes. Season with an additional bit of salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Separate 8 lettuce leaves in preparation for the assembly of the sliders. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Cook patties in skillet - these cook very quickly! Because these patties are so small, they should take about 2 minutes per side.
- To assemble sliders, place a bison patty on one of the lettuce leaves, top with sautéed onions and mushrooms. You could simply serve like this OR you could get fancy like I did and fold the lettuce around the patty (like an envelope) and secure with a wooden skewer.
Nutritional Information (1 slider)
130 calories - 12.5 g Protein, 3.2 g Carbohydrates, 7.6 g Fat