Looking for a simple, healthy and flavorful weeknight dinner? Yes? You've landed on the perfect recipe for just that!
If you are like me you are in need of a shake up from your usual baked chicken. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I crave really basic baked chicken, but most times I want loves of flavor.
This dish really couldn't get any easier to make. The marinade is just FOUR ingredients. That's it. Combine those together and just add chicken. Letting this marinate overnight allows the flavors to really develop in the chicken. The result is incredibly moist and zesty lemon chicken.
The kalamata olives are the perfect complement to the lemon and fresh oregano. To really tie things all together I recommend garnishing with a sprinkle of feta cheese. The perfect combination of Greek flavors, delivered in a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
Greek Lemon Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes + Marinate Time (at least 30 min, up to 24 hrs)
Bake Time: 30-40 minutes
- 4 small chicken breasts, roughly 36 oz total weight
- 1-1/2 lemons, juiced
- 1-1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt + Pepper
- 10 kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced into 4 rounds and then cut in half
- Feta cheese
- Fresh dill
- In a mixing bowl or Ziploc bag combine lemon juice, garlic, oregano, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and add chicken breasts. Seal Ziploc bag or cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and return to refrigerator to marinate. This can be done for as little as 30 minutes or can marinate overnight. The longer the marinating time, the better the flavor!
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove chicken from refrigerator and arrange breasts in a baking dish. Discard remaining marinade, we don't want a lot of excess liquid in the dish with the chicken while baking. Sprinkle olives on top of chicken and arrange lemon slices, 2 halves per chicken breast.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 155°F. I highly recommend investing in an instant read thermometer (like I explain here!) so that you never overcook your meats again.
- Once baked through, remove from oven and transfer to plates. Garnish with a sprinkle of feta cheese or fresh dill.
Nutritional Information (1 serving, roughly 5 oz cooked):
210 calories - 38g Protein, 1g Carbohydrates, 5.8g Fat