Every time I make and share a dessert with other, the question I always hear is "so, like...this is healthy and good for me to eat? Right?"
These may be the exception.
These Chocolate Protein Truffles are made from honest and simple ingredients - plant based protein, medjool dates, dried cherries, cocoa powder, cashew milk, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
It's important to note this recipe calls for plant-based (vegan) protein - like rice or pea protein. This is critical as you won't get the same texture without it! Whey protein will not work in these truffles.
My motivation for creating these was my upcoming figure show. As I sneak closer and closer to the date, I'm slowing decreasing my food intake. These protein truffles satisfy my sweet tooth and actually give me a serving of protein while doing so! Before you go and think this is one of those "desserts" that really doesn't taste like dessert, I had these taste tested by 3 friends and all gave these the thumbs up, so cast your skepticism away.
Go ahead and make these Protein Truffles - they're good for your health! :D
Chocolate Cherry Protein Truffles
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 10 truffles
- 3 scoops plant-based chocolate protein (I use True Nutrition Chocolate Brownie Plant-Based Protein)
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup cashew milk* (start with 1/2 cup and continue adding until the mix starts holding together)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Cocoa powder for dusting or melted chocolate for a drizzle on top!
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well mixed. This will required you to use a spatula to scrape ingredients which stick to the side of the food processor bowl back into the mix. Continue pulsing and scraping until all ingredients are combined and the batter begins to form into a ball.
- Like you would roll meatballs, form the "truffles" into balls by rolling a pinch of the mix between your hands. The mixture yields 10 truffles. Add any additional toppings you desire, like rolling in cocoa or drizzling melted chocolate!
Nutritional Information (1 truffle):
86 calories - 7.5 g Protein, 11 g Carbohydrates, 1.5 g Fat